Hello guys! How have you been? I know it has been a while since I last saw you here. There is so much going on at the moment with work and life!
Today I wanted to talk to you about something that actually fascinates me: cooking. Many of you may know already if you follow me on Instagram how much I love spending time in the kitchen, and even tho I don´t cook as much as I would like because I don´t have much time, every time I get a chance I get on it and prepare my fav dishes!
And that´s exactly what I wanted to talk to you about today, one of my all time favourites recipes, PAELLA! It is not only healthy and good for you, it is DELICIOUS!
As a good Spanish paella has actually played a big part in my life since I was little. It was more than food, it was a tradition and it was on the menu every Sunday back at home (still is!). There are many kinds of Paella and many ways to prepare it, but if there is something you need to pay special attention to that is the rice. It is the quality of this what will definitely make the difference and that´s why I always choose Tilda rice when it comes to rice.
Today, I want to share with you an easy, quick and very healthy paella and vegetables recipe. This is what you need:
- 30ml olive oil
- 5oog chicken fillets, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 225g rice. I always use the Tilda Easy Cook Long Grain
- Few strands saffron
- 1l chicken stock
- 100g green beans, halved
- 5ml ground paprika
- Fresh parsley
Step by step:
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan and add the chicken and fry over a high heat until browned all over. Remove and keep aside.
- Fry the onion and garlic in the hot oil for 4-5 mins until is soft, then add the pepper and rice. Cook for 1 min, stir in the saffron and chicken stock. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 15 mins, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the sliced beans. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cook for 10 mins, stirring frequently until the rice is tender and nearly all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Serve on warmed plates and sprinkle with paprika and fresh parsley.
You can also add chorizo or prawns for a flavour twist!
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.
I would love to hear your opinion and please let me know if you give this recipe a try!
Have a lovely week everyone!